Central New York Residents Detail Plans to Resist Trump Policies
The Central New York Citizens in Action, Inc. (the Utica Chapter of Citizen Action of New York) and its partners will launch its Campaign of Resistance against the Trump Agenda with a news conference and rally on Thursday, Jan. 5 at 1:30 p.m. in the Utica Public Library, 303 Genesee St, Utica, NY 13501, Music Room, Second Floor. Please bring signs and encourage your friends, family, co-workersand neighbors to attend.
At the news conference, details will be provided about local actions to resist Trump’s policies:
1) Utica Counter-Inaugural Rally/Teach on Saturday, January 21 to inspire activists, teach organizing skills, and build a local progressive movement;
2) Buses to take residents to Washington, D.C. for Inauguration Day protests,
3) Grassroots leadership training to elect progressives,
4) Days of action to protest repeal of the Affordable Care Act, Medicare privatization, weakening the EPA and the National Labor Relations Board, slashing the Dodd-Frank Law and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, expanding private for-profit charter schools, privatizing government functions and deporting immigrants;
5) Research to show the impact of proposed Trump polices on the lives of Central New York residents and to propose alternative policies that put people first;
6) A rapid response team to hold Upstate New York members of Congress accountable, monitor cabinet appointments, appropriations, and legislation, and act as a watchdog for the interests of working people.
When: Thursday, January 5, 2017 @ 1:30 PM
Where: Utica Public Library, 303 Genesee St, Utica, NY 13501, Music Room, Second Floor. Parking is in the rear of the library. The Library is across the street from the Munson-Williams Proctor Institute.
Who: Central New York Citizens in Action, Inc., Citizen Action of New York, Working Families Party, Cornhill Community for Change, MoveOn, Public Citizen